Saturday, June 18, 2011

WOOHOOO! NVC - Check! Another Step Closer to Max!!

Oops!  I guess I should say that we're TWO steps closer because I see that I didn't post here when we got our I800 Approval!

We got our I800 Approval from the Dept of Homeland Security on June 9th, and now we've already cleared the next step toward travel approval!  Dept of Homeland Security sent our info to the NVC, and NVC has already cabled our info to the US Embassy in Guangzhou AND sent us the email copy of that letter.  WOOHOOO!  Next step is for our agency rep to take that NVC letter, along with some other forms that we have filled out, and hand deliver them to that Embassy in Guangzhou.  They can't drop them off on Mondays, so ours will be delivered on Tuesday the 21st.  Two weeks later, on July 5th, they should be able to pick up our Article 5 and get it in the hands of CCAA.  That will be the last step before Travel Approval.  We are getting SO close!!!

Meanwhile, the girls and I are keeping very busy and having lots of fun this summer.  I suspect that these last weeks waiting for TA are going to fly by!  I'm getting excited and nervous all at once!

We're hoping to hear from Ann at Red Threads soon, with responses to some questions that we've submitted to Max's orphanage.  We're hoping to get current measurements, along with a little bit of information about him, with hopes that it will help us make him a tiny bit more comfortable in those first days and weeks with his new family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are getting so close! Congratulations!

Martha said...

So happy for you all! The time will fly as far as preparations and creep in your heart. Weird, but true. Can't wait to meet Mr. Max.