Saturday, August 4, 2007

Allie's first trip to the dentist




Ashlie and Allie both visited the dentist last month. It was Ashlie's third visit and Allie's very first! I have to smile at how much she has grown up since baby sister Annie joined the family. It was not that long ago that I wondered if Allie would be remotely ready for a dentist appointment; just brushing her teeth was a huge struggle. I think she's only protested her teeth brushing twice since Annie came home, and both of those incidents where during our jet-lag period. I'm so proud of her!

The night before their appointments, I mentioned to Mom and Dad that we were going to the dentist. They offered to come along to help out with the girls, and I thought that may be a good idea. Thank goodness they were there!

My original plan was to be in the back rooms with the big girls, and let Annie sit in the stroller with some snacks and entertainment. Well, I didn't consider Annie's fear of doctors and their offices ~ the moment we got to the back, Annie panicked and wanted out of there. She was crying and coming close to a meltdown. Ashlie ended up sitting ALL BY HERSELF for her exam (!!!), and Annie was entertained in the waiting room by Grandma and Grandpa while Mommy held Allie in the chair during her first exam. Allie did very well and got "almost" all of her teeth cleaned.

Both big girls left happy with toothbrushes, stickers, nickels, etc., and Annie left happy after playing with Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Howard and Kim said...

Wow! I'm going to have to show these photos to Halli and Natalie! Maybe they'll decide if their friends are big enough.... :-)

Kim