Okay, it's always been official, but now we have U.S. adoption papers to prove it! Today we went through the formality of a "Recognition of Foreign Adoption and Name Change" in our County Court for Annie.
Grandma and Grandpa Gerst were there, along with Rick and me, Ricky, Adam, Ashlie, Allie, and of course Annie! This is very special to me, since most of our family never gets to be a part of the adoption ceremonies in China. It's wonderful to be able to share that moment with them here.
The judge was so kind, and seemed genuinely happy for our family. I think he actually enjoyed being a part of our joy!
1 comment:
I love that final, official ceremony! I always dread that seemingly unnecessary paperwork, but I think our adopted kiddos really do deserve that extra pomp and circumstance!
Yay Annie!
Another big, huge, grand day in your little world. Isn't America the wonderful?!?
Kim
Post a Comment