Friday, December 14, 2007

Poor Annie


Our wonderful SW, Bill, is coming for Annie's 6 month post-placement visit on Saturday. (I should say weather-permitting; we're expecting snow.) We are required to provide recent photos of Annie for Bill to include with his report, and Annie saw me getting the pictures together. She wanted to know what I was doing, and I tried to explain that our friend Bill was coming to talk to us and he needed pictures of Annie.


She panicked. "No! No! No!" I quickly thought that perhaps the pictures reminded her of the family photo album that we sent to her in China (or maybe the pictures that friends took of her as we waited to travel?), and perhaps she had someone telling her that someone was coming to talk to her there, just before they whisked her off and handed her to strangers?


She was clutching on to me as tightly as she could, saying "No!" I held her tightly and tried to explain that I was her FOREVER Mommy. Bill was taking pictures, but "Annie stay home. Mommy stay home. Daddy stay home." (and so on, through every member of the family) She spent the next hour telling EVERYONE in the family, "Bill. Pictures. Annie stay home. Ashlie stay home. Allie stay home. Mommy stay home. " etc etc.


My poor baby girl. My prayer tonight for all of my girls is that they know our love is forever.

2 comments:

Walking Through said...

Halli aka Mary has been struggling this week. I wonder how moms who don't pray ever manage to stay sane? I can see poor little Annie's fear. Yay to her mom for recognizing it and working to overcome it!
Hugs to you!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Jill, poor precious Annie!! How heart wrenching--Way to affirm her sweet and fragile heart right now. I hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas! I am moving to South Africa to be a social worker/missionary in 5 weeks.--very excited ( big change in plans but not really). : )

--Bethany