Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?





Ricky's birthday was today (we actually celebrated last night but I'll say Happy 27th Birthday Ricky! one more time) Adam and Ashlie will celebrate their birthdays on the 8th (Adam is coming home the 9th, I think)
I promised Ashlie that she could have a Halloween birthday party this year and now I'm wondering how in the world I'll pull it all together! I've done a little shopping and started a few projects, but right now I still need to finish sewing a tablecloth, painting and modge-podging our BOO letters, make 20+ tootsie pop spiders, add posts and arms to our ghosts, cut out bats, buy pumpkins and a few mums and cornstalks so we can decorate outside and inside and finish planning the games/activities!
So far we think that a Mummy Wrap contest (each team wraps their mummy with toilet paper), Cluck Hunt (players alert their team leader by clucking like a chicken when they find the hidden candy corn) and Halloween Freeze Dance (dancing to Halloween music and freezing when the music stops) will be fun. I'm trying to sell Ashlie on bobbing for apples (& I even found some ghost marshmallows to put in their hot cocoa afterwards!) I'm also trying to figure out how to set up a ghost walk, what to include in the ghost walk, and a not-too-scary-but-just-a-little-spooky story to go along with the ghost walk. ANY suggestions on the ghost walk would be greatly appreciated!!!!
& if you don't have any suggestions please wish me luck in pulling it all together in time for the party on the 10th!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohmygoodness...I'm in love with ALL of your Halloween decorations!! Seriously fun--Isabella would be loving Mema and Papa's house!!!

Hm. A scary but not scary story? What about...silence of the lambs? Or Halloween?

I kid, I kid! Remember that book the boys used to have a long time ago...it had some kid spooky stories in it.

Love you!

Mom to my China Posse said...

Sounds like its going to be a fun party. Kenzie's Birthday is oct. 30th so I might have to steal some of your ideas. Kathy

Jboo said...

Wow - oh my -- you are organized! Sounds like loads of fun!

Janet

Kristi said...

That looks so awesome!! I wish I could go! They are going to have such a good time! And I cant think of any scary stories...maybe tell them the story of when I went to that high school dance, crashed my car and then didn't come home that night...that is enough to scare anybody!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH