Oh my ~ I knew it had been a long time since I'd found time to blog or even follow along with all our friends and family's blogs, but I didn't realize it had been over a month! I think it would suffice to say that we've been busy. Really busy! All three girls are doing wonderfully in school and that alone is a true blessing. The girls summed it up pretty well tonight when we asked if they had a good day at school. Allie said, "I ALWAYS have a good day at school!" and Ashlie chimed in with "Who WOULDN'T have a GREAT day at school?!"
Ashlie and Allie are playing on a K-1 soccer team together and Annie is even playing on a preschool team. They are so cute! They all had their first games on Saturday and did just fine.
All three are still taking gymnastics one night each week, and Ashlie and Allie just signed up for Daisy Scouts. It will be a little crazy until soccer season is over at the end of October, but we'll manage.
We did squeeze in a trip to Indiana to see Rick's Dad, Grandma, and brother's family. It's always good to see them. We've celebrated Rick's birthday and got some exciting news on his birthday (!), and will be celebrating Ricky's birthday this week and Adam and Ashlie's birthdays next week. Adam should be coming home the weekend following their birthday, and we're just getting started planning Ashlie's big Halloween Birthday Party. It should be a lot of fun!
Can you believe that our Bella will turn 2 yrs old this Friday? Wish we could be there to celebrate with her! Bella gave us all an unbelievable scare this last weekend ~ the fact that we were relieved to learn that she had a concussion should let you know just how scared we were for her. It's so hard to live this far away from our grandbabies.
Besides reading, writing, school preparation, gymastics, soccer and birthdays (& anything else I forgot!), I've been spending a lot of time on my treadmill. I walk/jog along at a steady clip and have worked my way up to 5-7 miles at a time. I've lost over 12 pounds so far and am trying hard to stay dedicated.
LOL, that's all we've been up to this month! I'll post some pictures and try really hard to share a little more often now that we're settling into the school year.
5 comments:
Okay, first--the pictures are adorable!
Second--I laughed so hard at the boy behind Allie!! Lol!!
Third--exciting news? Hm. Oh...I just now got it! Lol! Yes, very exciting!
Fourth--thank you for praying for Bellie. Hoping her neurology appt goes well...I'm a little nervous.
Fifth--I've missed you on here and love the new layout!
Love you all!!!
PS--I forgot 2 things.
I love Allie's answer! That's my girl!
And tell my brother to get a haircut. Haha!
Love you!
Great pictures! So glad to hear that the girls are all enjoying school, and I can't wait to hear your exciting news!
Blessings,
Sarah
Ummmm SO STRANGE that I was about to say almost the exact same things as Michelle! WEIRD! All of those were MY comments that she stole from me - except I knew what the exciting news on Dad's b-day was! hahaha! I LOVE all of the new pics!
And on Allie's paper about what she wants to do in Kindergarten the other kid's answers were hilarious!
p.s. I barely recognized Ricky - hahahaha
So glad to know that you are all okay. Missed reading your blog.
Love the pictures!
Kim(and the chili peppers)
Post a Comment