I'll work on changing that soon, but for now I'll just share this picture of my favorite flowering bush in our backyard.
We have had SO much happening over the last months and I hope to play catch up, but for now I'd like to let you all know that Rick's father passed away on April 5th. We knew that he was losing his battle with lung cancer, but in the end he went so quickly. Rick was able to spend time with him and he was there with his family when Dick left us to be with his Father in heaven, and we are so thankful for that. We miss him terribly and we still struggle to believe that he is no longer with us.
In spite of our underlying sadness all spring, we have been blessed with some times of joy as well and I'll hopefully be sharing lots of pictures soon!
Here's a picture of Poppy with the girls taken last summer when he was feeling much better after many rounds of chemo. We were blessed to have many good months after his initial diagnosis, but we miss him terribly now.
5 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss, but glad that you were able to spend valuable time with him. What a great picture of him with the girls!
Janet
Oh Jill, I am so sorry to hear about Rick's father. Praying for you all.
Sarah
That picture made me start crying. I miss him so much. *sigh*
I had a dream the other nite--and Grandpa was in it. We were all at some restaurant with Mary and everyone and she had a chair next to her--it was empty for everyone else to see, but I saw Grandpa and talked to him...he told me nobody else could see him, but he was there with us.
Love you guys and miss you guys so much.
So sorry for your loss, Jill. The last few months have been tough ones for you all. Praying for you!
That picture made me start crying too...I wish I could have been there to say goodbye. But then I look at Avery and I know that I wasn't able to go - and I KNOW Grandpa would have wanted me to stay here to take care of myself and Avery.
Considering how everything ended up with my health and how her heartrate kept dropping I bet the stress of traveling could have been really bad...
I'm SO glad you are starting to do your blog again! Maybe you will be my motivation to do mine!
Post a Comment