
Those of you that know Allie know that she's very quiet. Ashlie and Annie are singing and dancing much of the time, but our Allie is so quiet and sensitive and she's just not the type to be singing (or cheering!) at the top of her lungs like the other girls. Today she was playing with her My Little Pony's and her Dora Castles upstairs and I thought I heard crying. I stepped a little closer and realized that she was SINGING! (and singing and singing ~ she just sounded so happy!) I told her that I loved to hear her sing, and it made my heart so happy. She replied with, "Singing makes my heart happy too, mama!"
It's almost like she's just beginning to discover joy. Daddy was working at the concession stand of the JV football game on Monday evening, so I took the girls to the stadium to watch the game and let Daddy feed us hot dogs and nachos for supper. After the game we had to wait around a bit while they cleaned up, so I was letting the girls run the track. Allie and Ashlie kept going for another sprint, but Ashlie was beginning to wear out. Allie just kept running and running on those thin little legs and was shouting, "I LOVE RUNNING!!!" Seeing her so HAPPY makes me so happy!
1 comment:
This story makes my heart happy too! It is such a blessing when we see the little quiet ones open up to childhood. I know God had a plan for Halli when Natalie came home. He had a plan for Allie too...
Kim
Post a Comment