Sunday, September 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Rick!


Daddy celebrated his birthday on Friday. The girls helped to frost his cake (and add the sprinkles!) so they were anxious for him to get home! Unfortunately, the evening didn't quite go according to plan. LOL, as usual, he didn't get out of the office quite as early as he'd planned. Which meant we had to rush rush rush to make it to the football game, before there was any time for birthday cake. We thought maybe after the game . . .
As we pulled into the parking lot for the football game, a steady rain had set in. SO, the girls and I decided to drop off Rick and Ricky for the game, and Mommy and girls headed home. They were sad and confused about why we couldn't stay. I said, "I'm frustrated about this rain, aren't you?" Ashlie replied, "I'm not frustrated, I'm MAD! MAD that I don't get to watch football and MAD that we don't get to eat supper at the game and MAD that I don't even get to watch the cheerleaders!" We were all pretty disappointed as we drove home. Mommy decided to try to save the evening by planning a pizza party (in the living room!) along with a Brady Bunch marathon ~ it worked!! All the girls had fun and went to bed happy, knowing that we'd have to celebrate with Daddy on Saturday instead.
Meanwhile, the football game had lengthy lightning delays and Rick and Ricky didn't get home until midnight! and on top of that, our Hornets lost 36-34 - although it was a great game. I think it was a good thing that we didn't try to keep the girls there.
Happy Birthday Rick! We love you, and we're sorry your birthday didn't quite turn out as we planned.

1 comment:

Howard and Kim said...

Happy birthday Rick!
Howard and Kim