Annie saw her cardiologist today. She's going every six months right now. I was so proud of her! She sat perfectly still for the EKG and the echocardiogram. (Obviously she was a little worried, but she sat still!) All week we've been talking about going to the heart doctor ("mommy heart - ba boom ba boom. Annie heart shhhh boom shhhh boom.") We've talked about the stickers (EKG) and the pictures (echo), and I have consistently reassured her that there would be NO SHOTS.
When we checked in this morning I told them that Annie German was there and she quickly added, "NO SHOTS." They got a big kick out of our little spitfire!
The news was pretty much like last time. Still has the VSD and it's still 3mm. He doesn't anticipate it closing on its own now, but he's seeing no leaking around the aortic valve (one of the possible complications of her VSD, due to it's location) The only thing of real concern to us right now is that her EKG was again abnormal; it was nearly identical to the first one and indicates some thickening of the heart walls (more on the right side, a little on the left.) The confusing part is that the echo doesn't seem to support this, but with it showing up on the EKG twice, the doctor thinks it warrants watching. Her dr. wonders if possibly her VSD was larger when she was born. One of those things that we'll never know, really. SO, we'll go back again in six months and see what's happening again. He thought she was a cutie pie and he was happy to hear just how active, strong and healthy she is!
5 comments:
Jill,
My Courtney used to begin every Dr. appt with the No Shots announcement. So cute! I love the expressions on Annie's face during the EKG. What a brave little girl.
Martha
Aw, she looks so sweet just sitting there. Tell my little sister Chelle, Leo and Bella love her very very much!
Love you! Chelle
Jill,
I so feel for Annie....I remember all too well what that was like when I was little! What a brave little thing she is!
Blessings~
Wendy
What a brave girl! And a brave mommy... I cry just looking at the photos. God is at work with this little girl. I look forward to watching her reports as she grows.
I have to agree with Annie. The stickers are enough. No shots!!
Kim
Bless you sweet little heart...she was so brave.
Kimi
Post a Comment