Friday, February 25, 2011

Change is in the Air!

We listed our house for sale on September 3rd, but after 4 months of the stress of keeping it ready to show constantly (with very few actual showings!), we took it off the market.  I needed a break from the constant cleaning (and by golly, I took one!)   Then last week on Monday, our realtor called to let us know that another realtor (that had previously shown our home) would like to show it to a couple.  We explained that if we sold our house now, we wouldn't have a place to live, . . .  Our realtor mentioned that another house had recently come on the market in the neighborhood we'd been looking at, and we may be interested in that home.  So we spent our Valentine's evening looking at that house and loved it!  We went back again on Wednesday the 16th, and by the 17th we had a contract on the house!  We are so excited!  It's bigger than our current home, but not huge.  The kitchen is wonderful.  We'll have more bedrooms and more (much needed) closet space.  It's got a 3 car garage with a wonderfully big driveway that the kids can play on, and it's at the end of a cul-de-sac.



Unfortunately, the couple that looked at our house did not make an offer, so we're back in the "keep it constantly clean and ready to show" mode.  Ugh.  Our closing date is set for March 31st, so only about 1 month away.  During that month, we're going to spend one weekend in Dallas and we'll be gone on spring vacation for over a week.  I think I need to get busy finding boxes and packing!

Once we close on the house, we'll need to paint all the walls, clean it well, and shampoo the carpets before we move in, but I'm hoping that somehow we'll manage to get all that done quickly and get moved in soon after closing.

1 comment:

The Wells Family said...

So adoption wasn't keeping you busy enough! You decide to throw moving into the picture too!! The new place sounds great! and looks real nice too. a cul de sac...I'm green with envy! Congrats!