Friday, February 11, 2011
Xin Nian Kuai Le!
Third time's a charm! I had planned with all three girls' teachers (plus one extra kindergarten teacher) to come in and help their classes celebrate Chinese New Year. My girls were soooooo excited about it! Our fun was originally planned for Feb 3rd. Thanks to the blizzard, we were out of school.
Rescheduled for this week on Wednesday. You guessed it. Another Snow Day! I finally was able to go visit all four classes yesterday and the kids (and I!) had so much fun! We talked about the CNY, had stories, made fireworks pictures and handprint dragons. Chopstick relays and chopstick practice with marshmallows. Red envelopes complete with chocolate coins. Activity books for them to take home. Chinese music and a dragon dance! So much fun and so much excitement! (and can I say I was exhausted afterward?)
This week we've celebrated the 100th day of school, had a snow day, celebrated the CNY, and today we're having all the valentine's parties. Crazy Week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment