Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Busy weekend and sick babies ~ rambling thoughts of an overwhelmed Mom!




Besides furniture shopping, we managed to rake and burn the leaves that have been surrounding us since last fall. The yard and house look so much better. Rick even got rid of the Christmas tree that had been out in the backyard since January!

We got the old queen size bed from Adam's room primed and painted white (we're going to use it in the girls' old bedroom for overnight guests). I also got a shelf and table primed and painted and bought the paint for that room.

I was ALL ready to start painting first thing on Monday morning when Annie woke up with a fever. OH NO. Yep, she's got the flu. & Tuesday morning we woke up to almost 9 inches of snow and Allie running a fever as well. So I'm holed up here in the house with two sick babies now. We seem to be having better luck keeping their temperatures down than we did with Ashlie, and the cooler they are the better they feel right now. They've both started Tamiflu (thankfully the dr. just called it in for them yesterday without me having to drag my sick babies out in the deep snow). I've once again cancelled my hair appointment (I am seriously scary looking right now!!) and I'm trying to regroup and figure out how in the world I'm going to paint the room, hang the closet shelf, clean out the closet, get the girls' spring/summer clothes out of storage, shop for sheets, mattress pads, blankets and pillows for the new beds and find a quilt for the queen bed, shop for the girls Easter shoes and tights (not to mention spring/summer shoes), get everyone's hair cut AND clean my house. I could really use a clone of myself this week!

Meanwhile I'll just stay put and take care of these sweethearts until they're well and I'll just have to figure everything else out later. & then maybe I'll just use that last paragraph as a start for me to-do list . . .

2 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

Sorry your babies have been sick. I hope everyone is feeling better now. And snow? We didn't get any. The girls were disappointed. The mom wasn't. :)

Sending hugs to those girls!
Kim

Jill and Rick said...

I'm thinking that if their flu follows the course of Ashlie's, we've got about 3 more days of fever for Annie and 4 for Allie. yikes.

Jill