Friday, April 11, 2008

A Few Days with Alice











Check out Annie trying to hide from Louie in the picture above.







Annie's smile is all for Alice! LOL, she kept moving from rock to rock saying "one more, Alice!"








One of the Chinese acrobats. Annie was quite wary of him! It was "World Fest" at Silver Dollar city, and the Chinese acrobats show made our Alice homesick.





Adam pleaded with Alice to ride one of the rollercoasters.

Oh, she's a good sport!

Okay, I admit that we wore Alice out! We got home Saturday night and from then through Wednesday, we went to the Springfield Cardinal ballgame, the local zoo, big girls' gymnastics class and Annie's gymnastic class, a dinner in Alice's honor with the Headley family at Mr Yens, and Silver Dollar City! She tried Mexican Fajitas, "Dirt Dessert", funnel cakes and more. We had such a wonderful time; it was so hard to say goodbye today.

& Alice, if you're reading, Annie was asking for you at bedtime tonight. It broke my heart.







2 comments:

Martha said...

Alice was supposed to experience American life, right? Wow, you fit a lot in. I was so happy to meet Alice. She's a special lady. I know her experience in the German's world will not soon be forgotten (good, of course)!

Martha

Unknown said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! Everyone looked so happy and I know everyone had a blast! I'm glad you had such a nice visit and Alice had a wonderful time. We love you!