Cinnamon Muffin (aka Muffy)
SamsonI promised the girls that after Annie was potty-trained, we could get our puppy. I've been wanting to get a family dog since before Christmas, but I know my limitations. I didn't want to be "housebreaking" a dog and a daughter at the same time!! The very first time I observed that Annie had stayed dry all day, Allie followed up with "NOW WE CAN GET OUR PUPPY!!"
So we started looking for Goldendoodle breeders in our area. Goldendoodles are 1/2 standard poodle and 1/2 golden retriever. They seem like a very good fit for our family. Little-to-no-shedding, smart and easy to train, wonderful temperaments for families, and less likely to have the genetic health problems that the purebred dogs have. Best of all, they look like wonderful, lovable mutts! I'd actually been searching for goldendoodle breeders in our area since before Christmas, but didn't find one that felt right for our family until a few months ago. Then we found http://www.ozarkdoodles.com/ and I think their dogs are beautiful! I especially love the fact that their puppies are raised with their small children, so they should be well-socialized to kids. Very important for us.
Our puppy should be born in about ONE WEEK (!!) and we're getting SO excited! I'm sharing a picture of the mama dog (Muffy) and the daddy dog (Samson) We're hoping for a female pup and we're so excited to see what she looks like! We'll have to wait about 8 weeks before we can bring our puppy home, but I'm hoping to have pictures to share before then.
5 comments:
Oh Jill, how I would love o add one of those puppies to our mix right now. Maybe a pupopy would be good for Andrew's recovery!!! Let me know how it goes. they are adorable.
Kathy
gosh Jill....you are making me want a Goldendoodle...maybe after we come home from China, we can look into it....that will give me time to work on Paul :-)
Hugs,
Kimi
Kathy, I'll be sure to keep y'all posted on the pup. In all honesty, I think that the puppy will be good for Allie's continuing attachment and sense of permanence with us. btw, Samson the daddy dog should be finishing his Therapy Dog training this summer! Goldendoodles are also being used as seeing eye dogs and dogs to assist the hearing-impaired.
Kimi, we'll be the goldendoodle guinea pigs and let you know how our pup does! LOL, I think that I had to wait until I knew in my heart that our family was complete (children-wise) before I was ready to round it all off with a family dog!
I will not tell the girls you are getting a puppy. I will not tell the girls you are getting a puppy. I will not.... I'll be watching with interest as you bring your puppy home. Halli and Natalie ask for a dog "almost" as much as they ask for Maggie.
Fun times ahead!!
Kim
Post a Comment