While shopping with Allie and Annie today, I let them open various "music" valentines. Allie opened one and was so excited when she said "Mom! It's a Christmas Valentine!" "I don't think so, honey." But she insisted, "Yes it is! It's about baby Jesus!" She opened it again for me and I heard Elvis singing,
"Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you"
I was trying my best to figure out which Christmas song she thought it was, and as she played it again I realized that "Wise Men" was what made it all about Christmas for her! I thought that was so sweet, but then she looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said, "It's making me cry, mama. It's giving me happy tears." She is just the sweetest girl! I so often wonder just what she's thinking, . . . Allie, I can't help falling in love with you, my precious girl!
5 comments:
Allie is the sweetest little girl ever!!
What a sweet post, Jill. Allie definitely sounds like a darling little girl.
Blessings,
Sarah
You've made me cry this morning. How precious that she picked up on the wise men. And we're the parents that so many seem to think we've lost our minds by starting over.
If only fools rush in, then I'll be a fool any day!
Kim
I love that post...I think it's possibly the sweetest thing I've ever heard!
How precious....her interior matches her beautiful exterior!
I think that is the sweetest thing ever!
She is absolutely stunning!
Love you,
Kim
Post a Comment