Three Snow Days! Ice, Sleet and Snow added up for three days off school for the girls this week. Yay! We did a lot of sledding and today we were able to build their snowman.
After enjoying our hot cocoa every day this week, I thought I'd share our "Hot Cocoa Mix" recipe. We've been enjoying this cocoa in my family every year since I was young. We're talking over thirty years, . . . It makes a bunch which makes it great for big families, and it's so yummy! (We've already made three batches this year. I've sent a couple bags up to Adam to share with his friends at his dorm.)
Hot Cocoa Mix
Carnation Powdered Milk - the 8 Quart Box
1 pound chocolate Nestle Quik powder
3 oz Coffee Mate (I confess - I add a little extra!)
1/2 pound powdered suger (I think I add a little extra here too!)
Just mix it all together and keep it in an airtight container. We usually fill our mugs 1/3 full of mix and then fill with water. Yum!
I don't recommend trying off-brands. We've done it in the past and regretted it.
9 comments:
what a great recipe...It looks like something the kids will love. Havent checked in in a while. The kids look great but the dog got so BIG!
Hope you are all well
love,
Carol
Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Someone gave me a home made mix for Christmas and it is SO good. Now I can make my own!
Great snowman.
Everyone at my office is VERY impressed with the snowman! And I can say from many years of personal experience that this hot cocoa is the best!
What a cute snowman!
And that is THE best cocoa recipe!
Now I'll have it on hand for next year...yummy!
I use this very same recipe at my house. A teacher friend shared it with me several years ago. It is a must for big families...my kiddos love hot cocoa days too. Your girls looks so adorable in their snow outfits...love the snowman(our kids gave up on making theirs)!
Hugs
Kim And the stupendous six
Thanks for the recipe, Jill! I think this is similar to what my mom used to make when I was growing up. Don't know why I have never asked her for the recipe. Glad the girls had fun on their snow days!
Tell the girls they made a great snowman and yes, we had a lot of that good hot cocoa at our house, didn't we? Don't remember how long we had it, but maybe got the recipe while in Quincy, IL in the 60's or 70's, right??
mom
Thanks for the recipe, I think i will try to make some this afternoon and send some back with Kaitlyn to college. I am also going to buy here a little hot pot liek they have in rooms at China, I bought at target and I keep it going all the time this time of year.
Kathy
I'm definitely going to try this recipe! Hope you and all your littles are feeling well after the fun snow days!
Kim
Post a Comment