A few years ago, our good friends gave us a Gingerbread House Kit and Ashlie and Allie so enjoyed decorating it. (Thank you Kim!) I've tried to pick one up each year since then.
I'd like to say that it's our tradition to decorate the Gingerbread House after New Year's, but the truth is that we just got too busy and this Mom didn't get around to it till January 2nd! They enjoyed it as much as ever, but Annie keeps asking me how Santa will see their house since he's already come and gone, . . .
We kept things really low key on New Years Eve. That day I had to take Ashlie back to the doctor because her bronchitis was back. I had frozen a gallon of punch from a Christmas party, so we set up the table nice and festive and had "party food" for the kids. We all watched Kung Fu Panda (since Daddy didn't get to come to the theater to watch it with us), blew our party horns, and then tucked the girls in. I'm afraid that we were all asleep when 2009 arrived, but this year we needed the rest!
Most of the decorations are packed up and put away for next year (that always makes me a little sad), but our tree is still standing. Is it silly for me to want to keep it up for just a few more days?
4 comments:
Gingerbread houses are a good tradition, either before or after Christmas. :) I let New Year's slip by our family with little fanfare this year (my bad). I think the gingerbread house might be a wonderful New Year's eve tradition. I'll have to remember that for next year!
Your girls are so sweet in the photo. I'd love to give them a huge hug. We're really missing you guys!
Kim
Look at those sweet smiles. You can tell that they certainly love this tradition!
Blessings,
Sarah
It looks like your girls enjoyed the house no matter what day it was. Maybe it's not a bad thing to save a fun activity until New Year's Eve.
The girls did a great job on it.
We do gingerbread houses every year as well...and not always before Christmas. :-) We still haven't made and decorated our Christmas sugar cookies...hopefully, we'll get to them before Easter!! LOL
Post a Comment