Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!

















I had a hard time choosing which pictures to share - we had so much fun outside this morning! "Snow Day" doesn't quite describe what we've got here; it's actually packed sleet and VERY slick! Ashlie discovered that she could simply sit on her booty and wiggle a little and she'd slide right down the hill. Wrigley got in on the fun and grabbed the handle of Annie's sled. Gave it a quick shake of the head and off Annie went! Allie perfected her sledding by learning how to throw out a foot and turn at the very end of her slide - this maneauver kept her from crashing head first into the bushes! & All mommy had to do was to stand sideways at the top of our little hill and down I'd slide. We had so much fun, but we were definitely ready for our hot cocoa when we came inside. The sleet is still coming down, but we're hoping for a little break after the girls naps so we can do it all over again!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks like so much fun!!! All we have in Dallas is freezing rain (no accumulation). I love the picture of Wrigley holding the sled in her mouth! I'm glad the girls finally got to do some sledding!

Love,
Kristi

Sarah said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had fun.
Blessings,
Sarah

Martha said...

Jill,

You are the best Mommy! Your kids look like they had a blast.

Unknown said...

You got some GREAT pictures! I love how happy everyone looks and the cocoa picture--the look on their faces is priceless...the best day ever :)

Love you guys!

Howard and Kim said...

I keep coming back to your photos, and I can't find a favorite. They all look so happy. As I look at the photos, I'm reminded how very blessed we are.
Thanks for sharing these. They truly are a bright spot.

Kim

Kim said...

They got their snow...YEA!!

Look at those faces...pure joy!

I love ALL the pictures!

Love you,
Kim