Saturday, January 17, 2009

Is Annie Finally Ready?

I believe this post is from last July, when we tried to see if Annie was ready to graduate to the "big girl" gymnastics class:

http://ourmagnificentseven.blogspot.com/2008/07/annie-wasnt-ready.html

Well, we've been continuing to go to the Mommy and Me class, waiting patiently for Annie to be ready to move on. Her teacher mentioned that she thought Annie was actually ready (physically) to skip the next class and move on to the next level, as soon as she was ready emotionally. Annie's little friend Lily (who used to be in the Mommy and Me class) is in the class that Annie is ready for, so I told them to let me know when there was an opening in that class.

They called last week to let us know that there was an opening. Annie was not excited at all, and even told me that she didn't want to do gymnastics anymore. Annie LOVES gymnastics, so I was really worried that we were making a mistake, but decided to try it.

Well, Annie was quite nervous before class started so I went out with her (again.) She stuck to me like we were tethered together and did her best to do the same warm up as her class (that was now about 10 feet away from her. . .) When they moved to the trampoline, I was able to scoot back and put a little more distance between us, and I stayed put when she went to the beam that was near the trampoline. For their obstacle course, I was able to sit by the wall and watch. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I think she did great, at least by the end of the class! When I compare it to last July, I'm so excited for her progress!




6 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go, Annie! Love the videos.
Blessings,
Sarah

Martha said...

Yeah, Annie! What a brave little girl. I bet she'll be going on her own really soon.

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you too Annie! Some day when you are ready, we will try to go watch you at gymnastics.
Love you,
nena and papa

Kristi said...

GOOD JOB ANNIE! I can't pull up the videos, but i am sure she did great!

LJ said...

Looks like she's ready - she did a great job of being the leader! Way to go!
~LJ

Unknown said...

We're so proud of you Annie Banananie :)

We love you big girl!