Rick was able to make that road trip to West Virginia with his dad and brother last week. I'm SO thankful that they all had that time together and time with their sister. But we missed him terribly!! He was gone for "only" four nights, but man-oh-man we missed him at home. Allie was so sweet. Every morning when she woke up, the first thing she did was hold up her fingers for how many days left till Daddy comes home.
LOL, talk about bad timing. On Friday the lock on our back door leading into our garage broke. It was stuck in the "lock" position, which meant that we couldn't turn the knob and more importantly, we couldn't even shut the door! I jammed a chair up against it and tacked up a quilt to try to keep the cold out. It wasn't very effective, so I was especially thankful that Mom and Dad came over after the basketball game Saturday morning and my Dad replaced the doorknob. Thank you Dad!! I slept with a little more peace of mind Saturday night.
Sunday morning we were excited to learn that Rick had left Indiana pretty early in the morning and would be home around noon! Unfortunately, he called few hours later with the news that he'd had a flat tire. We tried and tried to find him a tire store that was open on Sundays and carried the size of tire he needed, but couldn't find one anywhere. SO, he got back on the highway with his dummy tire and drove home s-l-o-w-l-y. (Sorry to anyone that was stuck behind the slow, black Accord on Sunday!) Needless to say, we were so happy to have him home safely!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad dad made it home safely. It is so swseet Allie counting down the days.
Love it!
Kim
Hurray for Rick! I'm glad he's home safely and the girls had a safe stay at home without him.
So glad that Rick made it home. David made it home at bedtime last night, so he was able to say "goodnight" to all the kids. They were so happy to see him (me too!).
Blessings,
Sarah
I'm so happy that dad was okay! Leo didn't realize where he had gotten the flat tire--he couldn't believe it!
Love you all and miss you lots!
Those homecomings are so sweet! I'm glad Rick had the time with his dad and that he made it back home safely!
Kim
Post a Comment