Annie's been in a Mommy and Me gymnastics class since Jan or Feb. She LOVES gymnastics and truly excels there. I think the combination of her muscular build and physical strength, "can do anything" attitude and competitive spirit make for a good gymnast. Her teacher had mentioned many months ago that Annie was really ready for the 3 year old (without Mommy) class. I decided to wait, and then one day Annie told me she was ready for the big class. I still waited another month or two after that, and then signed her up for the next class (but made sure she had the same teacher.)
She wasn't ready. I tried sitting with her and/or holding her the entire class. And she cried. and screamed. and stomped. and trembled. Even with me holding her. We had all the fun we could stand and decided to head home and switch back to the Mommy and me class for a while longer. On the way home she continued, screaming, scratching herself & drawing blood, slapping herself, and pulling her hair out. Oh my poor baby she so wasn't ready.
We're all exhausted.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry. I know one day she'll be ready, she just wants her momma right now. Love you guys and sorry your day was hard :(
I guess gma got her question answered!! "Do you think Annie will do it?" Guess not today, but who knows about next week! She may decide she IS ready.
Like someone said "Life is never dull!" At the German house for sure.
That little Wrigley is sure a great little dog (right now anyway). :-)
love ya, mom (gma)
Awww...sweet girl...she may not be ready now but when she is I bet she will flipping all over the place in no time. I bet she will be a really good gymnast.
Kim
Poor baby and poor mommy. I ache when our children have to respond to stress in this way. I, and I know you do too, always pray I can love some of their hurt away.
Hugs to you and your girl!
Kim
Post a Comment