Just had to share. We have to be ready to leave the house before 4:00 this afternoon for pictures before the wedding. Which means that we had to do shampoos, nails, etc. this morning before an early lunch and naps. I sent the girls upstairs and told them to get ready for showers and I was trying to put things in order down here. I had a bit more to do than I realized, so it took me about 10-15 minutes to join Ashlie and Annie upstairs. (Allie was hiding in a makeshift tent in the basement)
I realized that Ashlie and Annie were being suspiciously quiet, and when I called them out of their room, I saw why. I couldn't believe it. They had smeared Aquaphor (think Vaseline) ALL OVER their faces, arms, legs, feet!!! & to make it even worse, their HAIR was smeared into it on their face. NOOOOOOO!! I was already worrying a bit about Ashlie's hair going stringy for the wedding, and now it's smeared with GREASE?!!!
Aiyiyi. Cleaned them up. Composed myself enough to think to use Dawn dish liquid for round one of their shampoo, and now they are smear-free with clean, smooth hair, and eating an early lunch. Hopefully the rest of the day will go more smoothly!!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
NNNOOOO!! I don't even want to imagine the Aquaphor mess...poor, Mom! Hopefully Take Two of this afternoon will go a lot more smoothly for you :) Have a wonderful time and tell Shannon congratulations! Love you!
That is really funny! Those crazy girls! So, did they ever giva an explanation as to WHY they did that??
I bet their skin and hair is VERY soft :) Here's a reason to be thankful. A friend of mine's kids did the same thing with Vaseline, then topped it with baby powder before being discovered. I'll store away the Dawn remedy for future reference! Can't wait for those wedding pics.
Sorry, Jill. I saw the photos first and saw perfection, then I scrolled down to this post. I know you must have been panicked, but all I can do is chuckle and imagine mine trying to pull something just as mischievous. I LOVE it! (and I'll try to remember the Dawn remedy)
Love you guys!
Kim
Post a Comment