Yesterday I finally made myself go shopping to try to find something to wear to the wedding (which is Friday night). I know I've been procrastinating, but I really really don't like shopping for clothes that I don't usually wear. (I'm more of a tshirt and khaki's kind of mom) I even make fun of myself and call my wardrobe my "uniforms." Hey, if everything looks the same, it takes no time at all to decide what to wear every day!
So off we went. Got into the first store and started looking. Started to grab some dresses that reminded me of the ones I used to wear to work but STOPPED myself. First of all, I bought those dresses between 5 and 10 years ago. They can't possibly be in style now. Second, I'm trying to force myself to buy something different and fun! Grabbed a ton of clothes (okay, hung a ton of clothes on the handle of the stroller) and headed for the BIG dressing room. Got the girls situated on the bench with some snacks and started trying on.
Ashlie's my critic - gives me thumbs up, so-so, and no way advice! (I know - how pathetic is it that I actually take fashion advice from a 5 yr old?!) Tried on a dress that I actually thought was pretty cute and Ashlie loved it! I soon had the support of all three girls so I thought maybe it would work. It's MUCH shorter than I've worn in decades (actually exposes knees when I walk!), and felt a little more snug that the "flowing" dresses I used to wear, but I thought it was cute. It'll work! Annie was on her fifth plea to use the potty so we rushed out, paid for the dress and continued shopping. Got home and tried it on for Adam and got another thumbs up.
Started thinking that Rick would probably like the dress too, and was quite proud of myself for going for something different and a little more fun!
Well, Rick got home and I showed him the dress I found. He looked up and said, "Yeah. Reminds me of one of your old dresses." (instant deflation) "Huh?" I looked at it and wondered which old dress, . . . Oh no. Not. the. House Frau dress!!! The fabric is similar, that has to be it. I thought I bought fun and I bought House Frau. Bless Rick's heart. He had no idea.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
LOL!!! I went shopping the other day too. I stepped out of my comfort zone and purchased brown instead of black. That's about the limit to my changing styles. I also bought "gasp" heels!! I haven't worn heels since Halli came home. I'm anxious to see your new dress and your girls on their big night!!
sorry. had to come back. I'm still laughing. Men, gotta love 'em!
and if your 5 year old has fashion sense like my 6 year old, I think you are perfectly safe with her approval. :)
Kim
Hhhmmm...I want to see a pic of this dress! Lol! I bet it's really really cute!
LOL Kim, I brought a brown tshirt too!!
Jill
I have to see this dress! I think it sounds VERY cute --and VERY different from your old dresses!
- Kristi
We need pictures!
Post a Comment