Monday, July 28, 2008

& Misplaced Blame

I took Wrigley out to the kitchen with me to feed her lunch and fix the girls lunch. I saw a small puddle in the doorway to the bathroom and wondered when in the world Wrigley had done that. I'd watched her "almost" every second and hadn't even seen her approach that area. Oh well, obviously "almost" wasn't good enough. Got out the potty cleaner and scrubbed up her first accident. (& was actually thinking, "48 hours home before her first accident? not bad")

After dishes and potty breaks for four, I tucked Wrigley in her crate and took the girls upstairs for naps. Noticed some black shorts and Dora underwear in a pile on the floor. Black shorts that Annie had been wearing earlier. Hmmmmmm. "Annie, did you change your shorts and underwear?" "Yes." "Why?" "I had tiny bit potty in the them." Tiny bit, huh? "Did you go in the utility room downstairs on the floor a tiny bit?" "Yes." Sorry Wrigley. (At least I didn't scold the dog for it!) & so, knock on wood, Wrigley's still accident free! (& Annie only has rare accidents!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Wrigley! And clever Annie for almost getting away w/it...hehe :)

Howard and Kim said...

You do know life will never be dull... :)

I totally love it!!
Kim

Martha said...

Jill,
I just caught up from your eventful last week or so. Take a nap, will ya?

I hope you didn't tell Annie you thought Wrigley had the accident. She'll learn to get away with things by blaming the dog!

Martha

Sarah said...

That is too funny! I love it!
Blessings,
Sarah

Adina P said...

That's too funny Jill! Go Wrigley!

Kim said...

That is so funny....Love the story.

I had tiny bit of potty in them...lol...so precious!

Kim