Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Gift from Grandma - 100 Good Wishes Quilt




After we celebrated Ashlie's FFD with Chinese Dinner, Grandma surprised Ashlie with her FINISHED 100 Good Wishes Quilt! My mom has worked unbelievable hours quilting this for Ashlie. We never realized just how big it really was, and how much quilting was involved with this pattern when we planned it out! Ashlie, every piece of fabric and every stitch was sewn in love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Grandma and you did a wonderful job. I know Ashlie must be so excited.

Sheryl said...

What a beautiful treasure for Ashlie, and received on such a special day! Thank you for sharing your memories and all a sweet 5 yo thinks as they think of their past. It helps us that will be there soon. Hugs and blessings, Sheryl

Howard and Kim said...

Jill, words escape me. Thank you for sharing these beautiful posts. They have been a very real reminder of how blessed we are.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Who ever thought it would take 5 years to complete when I started it? I know neither of us dreamed it would take me that long. After reading about sweet Ashlie's night the other night, I now truly believe I was supposed to be able to give it to her on this, her 5th Forever Family Day. Yes, each and every stitch was done with much love in my heart for our sweet little Ashlie. Now to get started on a much "simpler" Allie's and Annie's quilts!
Thank YOU for our special blessings from China!
Much love to Ashlie on her special day. grandma