Sunday, October 4, 2009

Making a Little Progress



I really loved this idea! I found it from another blog and I'm sorry, but I don't have time to search it down and link it to give proper credit! But I really love the simplicity of these, love the contrast of the orange and black, and love the softening effect of the raffia. (& I love the fact that I will enjoy these through the month, and not just during the kids' Halloween party!)







I also learned how to do this from another blog and I'm so proud that they turned out cute! I was having trouble finding "BOO" letters that I liked (many were just a bit cheesy, imo). Saw how to make these, found all the supplies I needed at Hobby Lobby and voila! I have the letters I was looking for.


We also got the tootsie pop spiders all done but I failed to take a picture. (LOL, I ran over on time by just a smidge with all my help ~ all three girls were bending little pipecleaner feet and legs faster than I could fix them!)


I ended up just picking up some dowels to use as stakes for the cheesecloth ghosts. (& learned that I needed to hot glue the stakes where they entered the styrofoam heads AND needed to whittle the dowels into points to help drive them into the ground. once again, things just took a little more time than I had allotted, . . .)

I won't even start on what we have left to do ~ but I'd better get busy on a new list today!

4 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Love the pumpkin ideas. Where did you get the black candle holder to put them on. Still hobbling around here going to the doctor tomorrow. Kathy

Unknown said...

Ca-ute! I love it all!

You are such a Martha Stewart! But way nicer! Haha!

Love you--and LOVE everything you've done!! It looks amazing!

mom said...

Now I actually can see what you were trying to explain to me.. Everything is looking great!

Kristi said...

Everything looks great!! The girls are going to have an awesome!!!