Wednesday, May 18, 2011

*W*A*I*T*I*N*G

I don't like it, and I'm not good at it.   While we wait, I manage to keep very busy, and I just keep praying that God will keep his hand on all that we are waiting for.   I'd like to share all that we're waiting for, and ask you to pray for our family.  (& yes, I realize that our family could soon be experiencing one joy after another, if everything starts to fall into place at the same time!)

First of all, I had prayed for our Adam to hurry up and come home after his finals ended last week.  He finally arrived safely Sunday night (thank you, Lord!) and this mama's heart is already lighter.


Now we're waiting for, . . .

Birthday photos of our Max.  He turned two years old on May 10th, and we hired Ann of Red Threads to have a small birthday package, a letter from us, and a birthday cake delivered to him.  We're anxiously awaiting confirmation that he received everything, and praying that we will soon see some new photos of him.  Ann thought we could possibly receive them by today.

Our new granddaughter!  Michelle is due ANY TIME!  Little Brynlie has been keeping her mama (and the rest of us, haha) guessing about when she'll finally enter this world, and you can guess how excited we are to finally see her sweet little face.  Chelle and Leo and the girls live about 12 hours from us, so we'll have to wait to see our new grandbaby in person, but we're planning to head down after Memorial Day.  Please pray for her to come soon (and let her mama start feeling better), and pray for a safe delivery, healthy mama, and healthy baby.

Our old house to sell!  We need to sell that old house.  It's really a wonderful home and its hard to understand why it hasn't sold yet.  It seems that nearly everyone that loves the home has their own house to sell, . . .  We did have a contract on the house, to a very nice couple who's own home was under contract and set to close around May 20th.  Unfortunately, their buyer backed out, which left us with a contingency contract with them.  Today, a couple (first time home buyers so they don't have a house to sell), is returning for a second look at the house.  I'm praying for an offer.  Taking care of two properties is taking a toll on the family.  Please pray with us.

Our LOA for Max!  This is the hardest part for me right now.  We should have received our LOA nine days ago with the rest of our group from our agency.  Unfortunately, about a week before that, we got word that we were going to be delayed.  Somehow, our immigration approval (our I797) had been lost by the CCAA.  I was devastated by this news.  I had a second copy notarized, certified, and on its way to the Chicago courier for Consulate Authentication the very next day, and it was finally in the hands of the CCAA this week on Monday.  Please pray for them to finish reviewing our dossier immediately and to immediately issue our LOA.  Our agency contact (Xiaoqing) doesn't think that we could receive it before May 30th.  I'm praying that it comes before then.  Every day of delay reduces that chance that Adam will be able to accompany us to China.  :-(

Waiting on so much.  & I don't like it and I'm not good at it.  Thank you for praying with us.

1 comment:

Jboo said...

Sending your prayers your way! You have lots going on these days. Waiting on a new grandbaby here too -- should arrive today!

Take care.

Janet