Sunday, July 10, 2011

China Camp? Check!























The girls had a WONDERFUL time!  I was just so proud of each of them.  Daddy couldn't go with us this year, since he needs to save his vacation time for a certain trip to China (!), and they were all just so good and such great little helpers.  At camp, Annie was brave enough to join a class where she didn't know anyone (and she was so excited to tell me that she made TWO new friends!  but she doesn't remember their names. ) In 2 1/2 days, they enjoyed kung fu, language and music, arts and crafts, cooking and more, but most of all I think they just loved being free to embrace their Chinese heritage with more than 250 other kids from families just like theirs!

4 comments:

llespy said...

It looks like they were having so much fun! I'd say it must have been a huge success. And way to go Annie for making two new friends in her class :)

Howard and Kim said...

It was great. Next stop, China for REAL!!! YAY!!

Susan said...

I enjoyed watching Ashley's group at their performance. That was the first year I taught, when they were Dragonflies (4). I was a little sad I didn't get to have Annie this year. I so enjoyed having Ashley and Allie.

Ragena said...

You can tell they had fun by the smiles on there faces! Trying to talk Little Miss into Camp Panda, but no luck yet.