Here is what we now know about our littlest son, Maxwell Ryan ZhiXin:
1) Name: Who named him? What does his name mean? and Does he have a nickname?
Orphanage staff picked out his name ,they wish zhi xin would define high ideal and wish him prosperous in the future too ...he is called as zhi xin !
2) What are his current measurements?
height:85cm head:46.5cm chest:50cm
3) Does he sleep alone or with someone?
He sleep by himself .
4) Have they started potty training him?
When he needs to pee or pooh ,sometimes he goes to potty by himself but sometimes he would ask nanny for help !
5) Does he drink from a bottle, or cup, or baby "sippy cup?"
He drinks from cup .
6) What are his favorite foods?
Fruits are his favorite .
7) What are his favorite toys?
His favorite toy is toy car and ball .
We were hoping to learn his current weight as well, but I think we can estimate, just by studying the growth charts.
He is currently 85 cm tall, or about 33 1/2 inches high. I think that's at about the 10th percentile on growth charts. We have his height and weight from when he was about 22 months old, and he was around 31 1/2 inches at that time, or around the 5th percentile for height. At 22 months, he weighed about 22 pounds, which put him below the 3rd percentile for weight. So if he's really grown 2 inches and gone up a percentile mark in height, then we're guessing he may now weigh about 24-25 pounds? I've been thinking that he looks longer and a bit heavier in the pictures, so we'll see. Need to make sure I pack needle and thread in case I need to take a few things up around the waist. :-) You can guess how ready we are to just have him in our arms and stop guessing about everything!
We were hoping to learn his current weight as well, but I think we can estimate, just by studying the growth charts.
He is currently 85 cm tall, or about 33 1/2 inches high. I think that's at about the 10th percentile on growth charts. We have his height and weight from when he was about 22 months old, and he was around 31 1/2 inches at that time, or around the 5th percentile for height. At 22 months, he weighed about 22 pounds, which put him below the 3rd percentile for weight. So if he's really grown 2 inches and gone up a percentile mark in height, then we're guessing he may now weigh about 24-25 pounds? I've been thinking that he looks longer and a bit heavier in the pictures, so we'll see. Need to make sure I pack needle and thread in case I need to take a few things up around the waist. :-) You can guess how ready we are to just have him in our arms and stop guessing about everything!
4 comments:
Hi Jill
Emma is from Hangzhou & is currently 31 months, 34.5 inches tall & 28 pounds. She is mostly in 2T, although can wear a 12 month on the bottom still. Size 4 diapers/pull ups. Size 6 shoe. August 16 is our 1st FFD; I need to send some pictures to the orphanage. Hope this helps.
Jill
I hope everything moves as fast for us following Article 5 as it has for you guys! We really want to go in early September. I'm glad you got your questions answered before you left. We are waiting on our last set of questions about Carsen, too. Safe travels and praying you have a great transition!
Caroline
How wonderful to get a little peak into your little guy's life before you meet him! We are also trying to do the growth prediction math. Our girlie was 20lbs and 28inches in May when she was 20 months...that was our last update. I have some 18mnth bottoms but after reading Bebe's comment I think I should probably pick up some smaller bottoms LOL!
When I got Emma at 18 months she weighed 22 pounds & was about 31 inches. Was wearing 12 month & 12-18 months & some 9 month shorts, size 4 shoe. Hope that helps.
Post a Comment