We made it! Actually the long (right at 16 hours) flight from Atlanta to Shanghai was the best long flight we've had for all 4 adoption trips. Hopefully we'll be able to say the same on the way home on the 19th! The Delta flight seemed to have a little more spacious coach seating, VERY attentive flight attendants that came and got your trash, etc quickly after the meals, and best of all, the in-seat entertainment system that ROCKED! We had on-demand movie selection (I think I watched 3 or 4 movies that I hadn't seen before) Plus they had a "Skykids" selection where the kids could choose their own movies, tv shows, and even video games. Wow was that great for the girls. I would suggest to future Delta fliers that you bring your own headphones though - the little earbuds that they provided were downright painful. Adam had carried on some awesome headphones and he was kind enough to lend them to us off and on, lol! (& you didn't need any special adapters for them to work - just a normal little plug)
Our girls are now 6, 7 and 8 and they brought along their DS's, neon fuzzy sticks (i.e. pipecleaners) to make braided bracelets (and animal creations for Allie), journals, activity books, and their God's Eyes from Sunday School, which they enjoy wrapping and re-wrapping. Ashlie says that wrapping her God's Eye makes her relax. :-) I also had cut down some standard size pillowcases in half and re-hemmed, so that their pillows would feel more comforting to them. They loved their little pillows and napped well.
Poor Allie was a little airsick once the flight ended. I know that more than anything else she was way overtired, but it was a little sad to have her leaving the airplane, the luggage area, and the airport carrying her little walmart bag(s). So glad I had them handy!
For now, here are a few pictures from before we left home, from our St Louis hotel room at about 3:00 a.m. Tuesday, from the St Louis airport and the Atlanta airport.


2 comments:
I am so glad to hear you made it! I have been checking you blog all day! I am praying that you have a great trip and that even now, God is preparing little Max for his forever family!
I am so glad you made it safely! I have been checking your blog all day! I am praying for you and for God to prepare Max for his forever family, even at this moment!
Jennifer
Post a Comment