with ZhiXin also went unbelievably well. He talked himself to sleep in his little bed and has hardly stirred since. He happily told each sister "Night Night Jie Jie" and leaned in for kisses. After seeing them tucked into bed first he seemed happy to know that it was time for sleeping. Daddy woke up coughing about 4 a.m. and ZhiXin gave one short little cry but quieted immediately when I rubbed his little back. He's still sleeping but started to move a little more, . . .
We are still in awe of just how happy he seems to be. Amazement.
The only tears we've seen were when I first tried to lay him down for his much needed nap yesterday. Mommy was happy to hold him and sing to him. :-) He got a little worried when we first went to dinner last night and there was no food on the table. Sweet boy. Then when the waitress started pouring tea and pop for everyone he would say. "Ahhhhh!" in the sweetest little voice! He ended up eating a full bowl of noodles and two bowls of rice, plus a spring roll and three pieces of watermelon! His little belly felt like it was ready to pop.
He's a SOLID boy! The 18 month shorts from Children's Place are too small for his little belly, lol! I think the rest of the clothes that we brought should fit though, thankfully. But both those pairs of shorts were so cute! Kim S, I was thinking of Toby but not sure it will be shorts weather when you travel?
Just a sweet, sweet happy boy. We are thanking the Lord for the wonderful care that Max's foster family had to have given him, and I'm so glad that we ordered that necklace with the charm of ZhiXin's face for a special gift for his foster mother.
Did I tell you that he is calling me mama? He knows! He calls Rick baba too, but every now and then he'll call Adam baba, lol! Adam always corrects him to "gege" and also "Adam." I think that Adam had more time playing with him yesterday than Rick did, because we're trying to be so careful with the germs.
Must run. Looking forward to sharing pics later today!
Monday, August 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
This is just so wonderful! Glad I can follow your journey! Hoping our transition with our little girl will go just as smooth... :)
Jami (BAAS yahoo Group)
Had to check again and see how your first night went - WONDERFUL news! It is quite amazing to me that he is so easily fitting into your family. I can only say, thank GOD for sure, and thank his foster mother for doing such a good job in preparing him and showing him what a family is all about. Happy tears for you all!
Tricia
Jill, I so know the peace and joy your family is feeling right now and the delight it is to have one join your family with such ease! It reminds me of our first night with Holly and the days to follow. You will for sure have a fabulous week! Although hold on....because after our first week, she figured out pretty quick we weren't going anywhere and she started trying to wrap us around those sweet little fingers. It did take a little more work getting her to sleep that second week because she just didn't want us to put her down. Overall the trip was an absolute delight and I know yours will continue to be....singing praises and crying tears of joy for your family!
Such a treasure!!!
He is the most beautiful little boy!!!!! Not sure of you can see the comments in china but our daughter is in the same swi your baby came from! Would love to know if you will be visiting and if you might be able to check on her for me. My email is waiting4lexi@yahoo.com
Thanks and congratulations!
Mary
Amazing!! I can't wait to meet him--he sounds so, so sweet <3
I think it's like he's feeling he is where he belongs at last and will have his very own family. He must be a very smart little guy! I hope he will also understand who we are and we can get some hugs, but will have to wait and see.
papa and I send our love and a big hug for all!
It is truly amazing how your sweet boy just settled in immediately. God prepared him just like you asked! Wonderful!!!!!!!
Congratulations! He sounds like such a sweetie pie!
Love how happy you all look! Max looks just like he fits perfectly in his new family! I am so happy for you that this day has finally arrived! Prayers for continued good times- and maybe a cooler temperature.?
Post a Comment