Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Good, and the Not-So-Good

Wednesday, August 10th, morning

There really is no bad, or ugly, so we'll just call this the good and not-so-good!

First of all, most of it is good, so good, and we feel so incredibly blessed to be here and to have sweet ZhiXin in our family.  It has gone better than we could ever have hoped for.   We've had a few rounds of tears, but they are few and far between.  When he is over tired and overwhelmed and we try to hold him, he'll try his best to get away and keeps saying "bie bie bie" which I believe means no, no, no.  Poor little guy.  The wonderful news is that he will eventually relax into our arms and let us comfort him, and for any families that have experienced adoption of a child that is not a newborn, you know how HUGE this is!

I am amazed at his resilience.  I mean really, we are a great family and all, but still! ;-)   For him to be taken from his foster mother and all that he knows, and to be plopped down into our family unit and to do so well is nothing short of a miracle.  Praise God for this!

Also good news is that Rick continues to improve every day.  Not=so-good is that Adam and I both have started on our Zithromax due to sore throats and congestion coming on.  At least we have the meds with us!

The girls continue to do well, but as they get fatigued each day we can see that they are needing a little one on one time with Mommy and Daddy and Adam.

Mommy is tired.  Tired of doing SO much laundry in the room and having it hanging everywhere to try to get it to dry in less than two days.  (& still we've paid about $150 for hotel laundry service - yikes)  I want my washer and dryer!

Mommy's tired of doing dishes in the  little rubbermaid bin that we brought.  (by the way, cutting the handiwipes down and pre=loading them with Dawn is working great)  I'm tired of having to boil the water to wash them and boil the water to rinse them.  It just gets old.  I want my kitchen sink, please!

& we all want to be able to drink and brush our teeth from the faucet again!

Other than mommy not feeling so great and wanting to whine a little, we're still really doing well.  We're looking forward to getting ZhiXin's passport on Friday and heading to Guangzhou for the last phase of the journey.

Here are a few more pictures that we've got.  Check out Max when he saw the Chinese exercise program on tv! We took most of these early this morning.  He woke up so early but ended up getting some good bonding time with Daddy.

This one was taken when we got to the Civil Affairs office yesterday.  He immediately tensed up, and I'm sure he was a little worried about what was going to happen.  (as in, who are they going to send me off with today?)

He's laughing at Adam!

When Daddy got sick, Annie wanted to sleep in the other room with Adam and her sisters.  She made this bed herself and has slept in it three nights now!

Having fun with Daddy early this morning.

Silly boy!
Each of the girls wanted their picture taken with him - Day 1 

I love this picture of Ashlie getting her didi ready for his adoption picture. 

Ashlie and ZhiXin, Day 1 

Annie and ZhiXin, Day 1 

Playing with toys, Day 1 

Brushing teeth with Daddy, Day 2

Morning exercise, Day 3!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, Rick and All, I'm just LOVING these photos and your posts! Max is such a gorgeous little boy and he still just looks like a German to me. He reminds me of Ashlie the most, but also I see him looking like Annie, and believe it or not, I thought he kind of looked like Adam LOL. The girls are just SO in love with him already and they can't wait to meet him. Makenna thinks you and Rick have to go somewhere pretty soon so she can babysit him. They also think since he's an "M" he needs to be in our family, and they are ALMOST willing to trade "A" Aaron for him (which I'm NOT going to tell their big brother). Thanks ever so much for sharing this wonderful journey. Love you guys! Tricia, Eric & All