Okay, we still have to have the TB test read on Monday morning, but the exam itself is overwith and other than wearing us all out it was pretty much a non-event. Yay! One more step closer to coming home! We got held up a bit during the exam when we ended up having three doctors consulting on Max's "possible" thyroglossal cyst. My guess is that the first doctor really wasn't sure what it was, so he called in the second doctor. The 2nd dr came in and checked it out (and Max willingly looked up, held still, and was just good as can be), and then he called in the 3rd dr that did the same thing. At this point I was feeling a little nervous, but then the 2nd dr came in and advised us that we really needed to have our US doctor examine it and that he probably needed surgery to have it removed. Okay! We've already discussed with our ENT so we should be good to go eventually.
Max really did well at the clinic, if we ignore him trying to hoard all the toys in the waiting room, carrying the entire basket away from the other children, . . . and if I ignore when he got tired of everything and took off running from Rick, . . . and if I ignore when he hauled off and hit my face as hard as could - twice - and focus on when he quickly learned that it wasn't okay and then repeatedly softly stroked my cheeked and smooched me. :-)
I realize that I've skipped our post about the orphanage visit and our travel to Guangzhou, but that will take a little more time and energy to share about, so I'll share that information later. The orphanage visit is where we all got eaten up with mosquitos, so you can see that Allie is pretty miserable with her bites today. Not to mention totally exhausted from yesterday's full day that ended with travel and a midnight bedtime for our poor children.
For now, here are a few cute pictures from the medical exam.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Thank you again. Thanks for the heads up on the mosquitos. Little Xuan Xuan has little scars on her legs from bites. I will get some mosquito rep wipes today. Max looks great!!
Max sounds like a real trooper...and he is so cute! Poor Allie and her bites. She swells up just like my girls - poor baby. :-(
What a special little boy...it looks like he is doing wonderfully!!
I just looked at Allie's pic close up. She looks so miserable!!! Sweet girl.
Post a Comment