Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time to Say Goodbye to Guangzhou




















6:00 a.m. Thursday morning - Our last days here have been full and have gone by quickly!  We'll be leaving the old White Swan at 9:10 this morning and taking the train to Hong Kong.  May or may not post from our one night at the Hong Kong Regal Airport Hotel.  (Memories from Ashlie's adoption trip are flooding back just thinking about that hotel)  For these last few days we've enjoyed a little sightseeing (and shopping!), enjoyed some time with friends, and taken the time to just relax and enjoy the laid back time that is Shamian Island.  Most importantly, though, our little Maxwell Ryan ZhiXin German had his appointment at the U.S. Consulate and our guide should have his Chinese passport with his travel visa for the U.S. in his hands as we speak.

Yesterday morning we managed to get some red couch photos of almost everyone in our BAAS group, and then once again enjoyed the beautiful Yuntai Gardens.  Max has been such a pistol at times that we almost skipped the Gardens, but he was good as gold and really enjoyed getting out as much as we did.  I've shared some pics from our last few days.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these pictures! The food looks so good and I love the shopping pics. Can't wait until you are all home and I hear all about China!

Love you and safe travels!!

mom and dad said...

SO glad to see all of the great pictures you have posted AND to read a little of what you've been doing the past couple of days. Have missed the posts and the skyping. : ( Had to "study" your schedule a little as it didn't have the hotel at Hong Kong listed and was trying to figure out IF you were at a hotel tonight or what?? Then figured it all out!
Everyone getting SO excited that we will be seeing you all soon and finally get to meet that little fellow!! I love him already from just his pictures and reading about him.. Thought I may have an e-mail, but none there.. so you must be keeping pretty busy!!
Love to you all and big hugs too! Will be seeing you soon!!