Tuesday, August 9, 2011

He's Officially a German now!



Wednesday morning, August 10th


Yesterday morning, August 9th (China time), in the Civil Affairs office of Hangzhou, our family and two others were presented with our official Adoption Registration certificates for our new children.  I was fighting tears because I didn't want to be blubbering in our official photos!  There's just nothing more sweet than those words after all you go through to bring your child into your family.  A very good day.

After our time at the Civil Affairs office, we stopped by a Carrefour store to buy a stroller for Max.  I knew that we wouldn't really be able to get out much in this extreme heat with Max and the three girls and navigating the streets etc to get to West Lake.  Today we have a free day (thank goodness!) so hopefully we can make it over to West Lake before it gets so horribly hot.  We need to find our grocery store again for some more putao (grapes) for Max (and Annie!) and some yogurt for Max as well.  Plus, our friend Jeff found a girlie fan (from a well known cartoon here) for his daughter Elisyn when we were there on Monday and I want to find some for the girls too.  We brought a little boy airplane fan for Max and it's so hot we all need one!

I'm going to post this now before we kicked off the internet again but have more to share later.


3 comments:

Ragena said...

What a beautiful family! It MUST feel sooo good!I think when you get home and have ALL the kids and grandkids home a new family photo is in order. Lots of Love to you.

Mom said...

Welcome to the family little man! A wonderful picture of you all. Love all the pics in both of the new posts. Also love Annie's bed!! : ) She would sure figure out how to make one, that's for sure!! Also love the pic with Ashlie helping little Max with his shirt. I bet she will be mommy's helper when you are at home. Love sweet Allie's pic too.
Dad and I send all our love to you all.
Sure looking forward to the 19th!!
love you!
mom

Howard and Kim said...

fighting tears myself as this chapter unfolds for your entire family. I've seen that Max's heart recognizes his is a German, now it's official!! Yay Max!!