Our trip to see Chelle, Leo, Isabella and new baby Madelyn was delayed due to a bank exam going on at Rick's bank. But things were wrapping up by the end of last week and we decided on Wed night that I could get everything packed and loaded in time for us to head out Thursday after work. YAY! We headed for Memphis Thursday night, visited the Memphis Zoo (primarily for the panda exhibit) on Friday morning and then proceeded to the Mississsippi gulf coast for a grandbaby fix. We had a great time!
I had to take a picture of the flowers that Allie loved. She named them "shower flowers" and I thought that name fit perfectly.
When we approached the China area of the zoo, Annie looked up and saw the buildings and starting shouting "China!!! Mama, it's China!!" I think she truly believed that we had surprised them with a trip to China. Her excitement at that moment made the entire side trip worthwhile.
The girls all loved the Chinese carousel. It really was a beautiful carousel, filled with animals from China. (Notice that all three girls found pandas to ride!) and no, it didn't operate like the carousel in Fuzhou did!
5 comments:
That zoo looks awesome!! Looks kie the girls had a lot of fun! And that little Allie is so creative - Shower Flowers - HAHA
So sweet!! How cool that all 3 found pandas to ride! Can't wait to read more about the trip.
janet
Bet the girls "loved" this place! Such neat pictures.
So fun! We definitely need to plan a trip to Memphis to meet up and go!
Cool pics, too!
Looks like the girls are having so much fun. I think we may have to make a stop at the Memphis Zoo sometime.... A Trip to China,so wonderful!
Kim(and the chili peppers)
Post a Comment