Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wrapping up the summer

We can hardly believe that summer is coming to a close, and Rick and I seem to be trying to squeeze in as much fun as possible over the last few days of summer.

The weather has been unbelievably beautiful! Upper 70's during the day, 50's overnight. Blue skies, perfect breezes. Thank you, Lord, for these gorgeous days that are practically unheard of for August in Missouri! We went to the Cardinal ballgame Friday night and had to put sweatshirts on the girls as the sun set. Cardinals won, we stayed for fireworks, and Annie skipped all the way back to the car. I think we all felt that happy!

Yesterday we took our tired girls to Branson for a little outlet shopping and a little Silver Dollar City. We had a lot of fun and Allie and Annie BOTH celebrated a first by riding the high swings! Allie LOVED it, was laughing the whole time, and Annie? Well, Annie rode it because Ashlie and Allie rode it but I'm not really sure how much she enjoyed it! We knew it was time to leave the park when Annie threw a screaming tantrum while I took Ashlie to ride Thunderation (a roller coaster). They were worn out, though, so we tried not to overreact to "the incident". I just took her to the car and sent Daddy and sissies to the bakery for some cinnamon bread.

More fun to come later today, I hope, and Meet the Teacher for Ashlie and Allie is tomorrow afternoon!

4 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

hey, we were at the outleyt malls in Branson yesterday wish we would ahve ran into you. We moved kaitlyn back to college and of course the girls wants to go to the Disney outlet! have to agree the weather here is GORGOUES this week!

Unknown said...

It sounds like the perfect ending to a perfect summer!

My mouth is watering from you just mentioning cinnamon bread...yum!

Jboo said...

Summer did go by so fast! Enjoying lovely weather in Nebraska too! Have a great week!

jANET

Kristi said...

Awww that sounds like a perfect way to wrap up the Summer :)

Let me know how the first day of school goes for the girls!!