:-( :-( :-(
Honestly, I'm trying to be happy for him, but boy it's tough to shake the feeling of missing him so terribly. Adam, it was wonderful having you home this summer!
He's in an apartment this year and I don't blame him for wanting a little more space than the dorm has. The girls were so good on moving day; they had to be exhausted after our full day. (I know we were!) & sweet Ashlie took a picture of Rick and me with Adam too. Those were all taken in front of his apartment. It's a nice place with lots of room for four roommates.
I took the picture of his "retro" (read "old") dining set after I spray painted all the legs/arms for them. The table and chairs is actually a VERY comfortable fit and I think it's perfect for the apartment.
We spent yesterday working in the basement. Last year I couldn't bring myself to go near his room or bathroom for many many weeks after we took him to Mizzou and I didn't want to allow that to happen this year, so yesterday we moved a ton of the girls toys into Adam's room and I also got the shower scrubbed out, lol! The girls were pretty excited while we were moving the toys, but once everything was settled they sat down, looked around, and they all said, "I still miss Adam." We do too, girls. We do too.
Adam, like I said, those toys will move out just as easily as they moved in if you decide to come home to stay!
9 comments:
Awwww I love the pics! Can't believe how old AG looks haha
And I swear Allie makes the funniest faces!! That top pic cracks me up!
Love you guys! Sorry you had kind of a sad weekend :(
p.s. I LOVE the way the table turned out! Looks awesome!!!
Awww -- that is so sweet! I know just how it feels to have one move to an apt (sniff, sniff, sniff). Hope that he's not too far and can visit often! :)
Janet
Oh, this post made me a little weepy--probably because I have my own Adam, and I can't imagine not having him home every day! But, I guess since he is only 10 I still have a few years!!
Blessings,
Sarah
*sniff*
That was so cute how the girls said they still miss Adam :( I know that they must really, really miss him. A lot!
Love the table and chairs! They look fantastic!
And tell Ashlie I said she's got some mad camera skills!! She took a great pic!!
This growing up is bittersweet isn't it. I haven't moved one out yet, but I feel it looming out there.
Good pictures, makes me a little sad too. : ( Ashlie DID do a great job of taking the picture! Bet she listened closely to the instructions. : )
The paint job looks really good and surprised to see you dug into the basement already. Good job! Bet the girls will miss him, but bet they enjoy that playroom too!
Oh girl it is hard when they go back after being at home all summer...mine work off all summer and don't come home anymore. :-(
I love that table!!! What a treasure. You did a great job!
Thanks Jill for your sweet comment.
I found Viv's outfit at one of my favorite resale stores where my mom lives. I always find great goodies there. Viv's outfit was marked down and I got it for $3.50! Oh how I LOVE a bargain!!
Very cute pictures!
Kim
Kim
So sweet, and bittersweet. I'm so NOT looking forward to when my first baby leaves home...just taking her to junior high this a.m. nearly did me in! lol
Post a Comment