Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas photo session!

One Saturday morning this month, we took the girls down to our favorite photographer for a photo session. I really wanted a sweet photo of all three girls together in their Christmas dresses, plus they look so cute together in their "cheetah" outfits that I thought we could get some cute pics in those too.

Allie had been much better lately about getting her picture taken, so I had high hopes!

Well, . . . a few days before our appointment, Allie started her old "no pictures" routine. All three girls were getting runny noses, and Annie was cutting two teeth. Ashlie fell hard and bruised the bottom of her chin the night before pictures (we were SO LUCKY that a trip to the ER wasn't required), and Annie woke up hours earlier than usual Saturday morning. Okay, in retrospect, we were crazy to even try it!!

Our photographer and friend is Shannon. She and her mom are wonderful with our girls, and have so much patience! They weren't deterred when Allie immediately refused to have her picture taken. They weren't deterred when Annie picked up on Allie's cues and also refused to participate. Mommy was stressed and exhausted, Daddy walked out to visit with Shannon's dad, and Shannon and Chris kept playing with the girls and trying their best to get pics. The girls went from frightened to shy to wild, and somehow in the middle of it all, they got pictures!

I put my favorites in the slideshow below. The girls are being so ornery and wild in some of them, I just couldn't resist including them in favorites! Hope y'all get a kick out of them too. (& I hope the slideshow works; it's my first attempt)

Suggestions for improvements for the slideshow are welcome!

2 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

I'm so glad I came back to your site tonight! I love, love, love the slideshow!! But, Jill, you are waaayyy too organized! We haven't even thought about purchasing our holiday dresses. Maybe this mom should kick it in gear...

Tell Ashlie I'm going to make sure Halli sees all her pretty photos, especially the one where she thinks she's tired of the photo session. :)

Jill and Rick said...

LOL, Kim, I've had the dresses for a month. I couldn't resist - I saw them at WM for a great price so I snatched up 3!

I wish that the pics in the slideshow weren't so cropped - the full view is really good on some, especially Annie's little Elvis shot!