
We made our annual visit to Silver Dollar City's Old Time Christmas with the Headley's and Dunham's yesterday. We had a wonderful time! and my girls gave me my early Christmas present ~ they ALL went up to talk to Santa! Ashlie has sat on Santa's lap for the last few years, but Allie was hysterical with fear through last year (screaming, crying, clutching when Ashlie went; we didn't push Allie at all) and Annie was much too afraid to sit on his lap last year too.
I knew that Allie has been making amazing progress lately and truly coming out of her shell, but I was just amazed to watch them all talking to the man in the red suit! (Amazed to the point that I had "happy tears.")
One funny: Allie has been asking for the "Rose Petal Cottage" for many many months now. A day or two ago Annie (our little copycat) chimed in and said that she wanted a Rose Petal Cottage too. When the girls went up to see Santa, Annie preempted Allie with her Cottage request. Allie shot her a look! But Allie quickly regained her composure and told Santa that she also wanted a Rose Petal Cottage (and mommy reassured Santa that we didn't need two; our girls like to play together!)
I told the girls that their picture with Santa is their present to me this year.
3 comments:
That picture is adorable!
Blessings,
Sarah
So sweet! And I was cracking up about the Rose Petal Cottage...lol!!
Love this one too. I think Allie's expression gives away that she is really "trying" to be brave with Santa, but don't think she's sure about it. :-)
Bet Santa enjoyed these 3 little girls!
gma
Post a Comment