Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Holidays!













It's been a very busy week and a half! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did, with all our kiddos here except for Kristi. (We missed you, sweetie!) We even got to spend a couple days with Bella! Wrigley was a good girl on Thanksgiving, if you don't count the 8 blueberry muffins (in muffin papers) that she ate for breakfast and if you don't count the leftover pecan pie that she helped herself to!!
Hope you enjoy the random pics that I'll be sharing from the last week.
It was so hard to say goodbye to Chelle, Leo and Bella on Saturday and then to Adam on Sunday, but the light snowfall we got on Sunday seemed to helped lift our spirits and get us feeling excited for Christmas.

Wrapped up the holiday week on a frightening note last night when Ricky called. When he returned to his apartment last night, the door had been kicked in by the fire department because they were looking for the source of carbon monoxide in their little complex. Ricky's apt was the source, and the levels had been high enough that he could have been killed. I'm still trying not to think of what could have happened. Thank you, Lord, for keeping our son safe. Now he's waiting for the front door to be fixed and for heat in his apartment. At least he's got a nice warm place to stay while they get things back in order over there.
Hope you all have a wonderful December!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of the pictures, so good!

And I am so glad Ricky is okay. I still feel sick thinking about it. The apartment needs to install detectors in all of their apartments!

Love you guys and miss you LOTS!!

RamblingMother said...

that last pic is adorable. They all are but of the sleeping baby is just cute.

Kristi said...

Seeing all of your pics makes me even more sad that I didn't get to go home for Thanksgiving! I think that top picture iss hilarious! Annie making the mad face and Allie looks kind of crazy!!

That is crazy about Ricky's apartment. He should find a new place...

Love you guys!

Kristi said...

by the way - LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog background!

Kim said...

Oh man, what a scare...I am so glad Ricky is okay. God definitely had his hand of protection on him.

I love all your photos. Miss Bella is growing up so I can hardly believe it. I love that you have a matching outfit for her...it's just so Jill and just so ADORABLE :-) I love how you have your girls in their matching outfits....you know that makes them feel that much closer to each other.

Love you mu sweet friend!

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful family! Everyone looks so festive (as does your house!).
Blessings,
Sarah

Martha said...

Great pics, Jill! I'm so glad Bella was included in the matching duds.

I love the new blog background. You KNOW I'm going to have to follow suit.

Merry Christmas season!

Trish said...

Jill, your girls are just as cute as can be! Don't you just love seeing your adult kids with their sisters???? It just melts my heart to see mine with theirs. Trish

Mom to my China Posse said...

Glad your son is ok, I see a carbon monide detector in his future from Dear old Mom and Dad. We just purchased one last week when we read something similiar.
Love the pictures, your new blog look and of course hearing about your wonderful family.

Kathy