Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread Girls and Boys


Ashlie's kindergarten class is having a Gingerbread-themed Christmas party this year. I volunteered to make the ornaments. As usual for me, it turned into a bigger project than I anticipated (and they're not quite as perfect as I'd like, . . .) but I do think they turned out pretty cute!
FOR KATHY: To make these, I found the roll of thin corkboard at Hobby Lobby. Use a cookie cutter to make your pattern. (& then I just modified that to make a girl figure.) I used a little posterboard to cut out the patterns for the vests and dresses. (just winged it in figuring out what size and shape) Cut the clothes out from different Christmas fabrics. Hot glue the clothes on the corkboard gingerbread people. Use the slick fabric paint for the trim and to outline the clothes. (I suggest that you practice a little before you do this on the actual ornaments. I ruined a few, . . .) We used their class pictures for the faces. (Another challenge - the pictures were just a tad too small and precut into rectangles. I just made them work the best I could) I hot-glued the narrow ribbon on the back for the hanging loops. Have fun!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

SO CUTE! I bet the other moms are so glad they "invited" you to help

mimifrancoise said...

Oh, they are REALLY cute.
Fran

Unknown said...

I love them!! You are always way creative!

Sarah said...

They are ADORABLE!
Blessings,
Sarah

Tammy Pearson said...

Oh my word, those are perfectly precious...I love Gingerbread themes, in fact that is what my Christmas dishes are....Gingerbread...you did an excellant job Jill. The teacher is very lucky to have you working on that project.

Howard and Kim said...

Soooo cute!! I wish I had thought of that for our little people.

Kim

Martha said...

I really like that. Perfect or not, I think they're really neat. Ideas for next year....

Mom to my China Posse said...

Oh My! Please share how you did these!