You really can't see it in any of pictures, but our Allie had a very rough time attaching, especially to her mama. Progress came so slowly, . . . it was usually a two steps forward, one step back process, but there were some days that I felt like we'd gone two steps forward, three steps back. I can't even describe how hard some days were, but I remember just trying to sit near her as she played, praying for God to help me help her, praying for God to help her learn to trust us, and praying for God to grant me patience and understanding. Each year I've said, "Allie has come so far this year," but always there was the underlying thought that we still had a long ways to go. (and the accompanying, underlying fear of what if this is as far as she can come?) Friends, God has been answering our prayers for Allie in baby steps for a very long time, but this year, our fourth year with Allie, has truly been a year of HUGE progress in her attachment and security. He has brought my Allie so much closer to me and every hug and smooch that she gives me is a gift. We have MUCH to celebrate this year on Allie's Fourth Forever Family Day!
Hope you enjoy the pictures as we stroll down memory lane again.
A gift from Allie's orphanage - a picture of our sweet girl when she was two months old.
My favorite referral picture of Allie.We received this picture of Allie in the orphanage. It was taken as she waited for us to come bring her home. The fading bruise on the forehead and the sad expression on her face haunted me as we waiting for our Travel Approval.
& Here is Miss Ashlie (not yet 2 1/2 yrs old!), showing us her baby sister's crib as we wait to go get our girl. Walking into the hotel room and seeing the crib set up for our baby gets my tears started every time!
Allie's finally in the arms of her family!

And in the arms of her doting baba:

And in the arms of her adoring mama:

I think the day was a bit too much for our girl:

Sweet angel finally cried herself to sleep that night:
And in the arms of her doting baba:
And in the arms of her adoring mama:
I think the day was a bit too much for our girl:
Sweet angel finally cried herself to sleep that night:
Adam, Ashlie and I visited Allie's orphanage. We were struggling enough with her by this day that we knew she would not tolerate the trip well at all. Allie slept in the room at the top left of the building during her time at the orphanage.



8 comments:
Jill, I have seen the difference in Allie's photos all this year. Knowing where she came from and the struggles she has faced, I have absolutely cried tears of joy as I see her looking so incredibly happy and ready to face the world. Our God is a Great Big Wonderful God!
Sharing the blessing of this special time with you! Enjoy your weekend!
Kim
I can't believe that it has been 4 years! Allie is such a little sweetheart and one of the funniest little girls I know! I love you Allie! Can't wait to see my little sisters this weekend!!!
Totally made me tear up! She HAS come so far and she is doing great! I love the picture of her on the red couch. So sweet!
Love you guys!
Loved strolling down memory lane with you. Doesn't time sure fly when your raising kids? Some day were going to have to get together as we have so much in common. Maybe a zoo day or something!
Oh Jill, this is such a beautiful post. Praising God for all that he has done in Allie's life!
It's fun for me to see the orphanage photos.
Your little girl is beautiful.
Blessings,
Sarah
Sweet Allie girl! We love you so much and are so grateful that God placed into the loving arms of our family. I cannot believe how much you have changed each and every year. We love you and can't wait to see you in a week!
Oh Jill...this post has me tearing up. Allie is a beautiful little girl and it makes me so happy to hear how far she's come. Happy Forever Family Day!!
Jill, you know the tears started coming when I read your post. You have given your dad and I the awesome experience of adding these 3 wonderful, sweet little girls to our family. We have watched and waited with you for those extra steps for Allie to take to really feel close to your family and to her gma and gpa. We love her and all SO much and I think they love "us" too. Allie is a special little girl with so many talents and can make you laugh right along with her! Thank you for these, God's blessings to your family and our whole family. mom and dad (gma and gpa)
Post a Comment