Okay, patients just do not get any cuter than this!
Concentrating on her Leapster. (I'm so glad that we got that for her birthday in April ~ little did we know that we'd soon be needing it for doctor and hospital visits.)
Laughing at her daddy!
She really did enjoy her wagon ride from the Getting Ready Room to the Holding Room.
Trying to figure out how this toy in the Holding Room works . . .
Okay, Mommy and Allie are ready to head to the O.R. (NOT!)

I'm so thankful to let y'all know that Allie is DONE and home. (& napping away as I type this) We had to be at the hospital at 6:00 but Allie was such a good sport. She tried to jabber everyone's ear off (Rick and I wondered if it was a delaying tactic for her!) She, once again, was pretty hyper-vigilant in asking everybody what they were going to do and what everything was for, but she seemed to take everything in stride. I was so proud of how brave she was. Only when they put the anethesia mask on her in the O.R. did she start to get panicky and scared (& you can imagine that Mommy's eyes were crying too once she was out)
When we went to her in recovery (aka the Wake Up Room) she burst into tears and just sobbed and sobbed as Mommy rocked her. The nurses were all so surprised at her tears because she had been really calm until she saw us. That's our girl, though, holding everything in until she just can't any longer. She was groggy and sad for quite a while, but they let us head home once she had some apple juice to drink. As I was carrying her down the hall (she wanted nothing to do with the wagon by this time), she grabbed my face, pointed to her tummy, then turned and threw up all over the floor. Poor baby. She was pale and sleepy still when we got home and got a little overwhelmed by her, ummm, enthusiastic little sister who wanted to play with her. She came and got me and Daddy and threw up again. But that was the last time and she's been having juice and mommy's cinnamon muffins and keeping them down since then.
She just woke up from her nap and seems like she's doing well (just sleepy still). I'm SO thankful that the worst is done, and I'll be anxious to see what her hearing test reveals at the end of June.
9 comments:
She looks so brave in her pics! Tell her that her sissy Chi-Chi says: I AM PRUOD OF YOU ALLIE! You are a very brave big girl! And I LOVE the new PJs too :)
I am so glad that she is doing well and I hope she continues to feel better and better...Love you guys!
I've been teary eyed, too! First when I got Adam's text on the way to the doctor's, then when Adam told me she was throwing up and now seeing her pictures and reading about her.
I am so thankful that she is doing okay. Sweet Allie girl, we love you!
PS--Isabella LOVES Dora! Good thing she didn't Allie, lol!
PPS--yum. Cinnamon muffins are my favorite! Okay, that's all for now :)
Love you guys!
So thankful that all is well!! Thanks for the update and the photos.
Kim
We are so glad it is over for you sweet little Allie. You were such a brave, big girl and we are so proud of you!
We were sad to read how sad "you" were afterwards, but know you will be feeling better and better and hearing much better!
love you so much little Allie!
gma and gpa
Glad to hear that Allie did so well with her surgery. Mandy has the same reaction to waking from Anesthesia...no fun at all...poor baby. I am glad to hear that she is getting food to stay down now.
Give her hugs from us
Brad,Kim and chili peppers
Such a cute little patient! So glad that she is home and doing so well. Will keep you all in my prayers!
Janet
What a cute little patient. I am glad she is home and feeling better.
Those really are the CUTEST pre-surgery pictures I've ever seen! What a smile!
Glad she's home. Sounds like Allie was a brave girl.
Blessings,
Sarah
Gma is a "little" slow in replying to this... I definitely kept updated about it all though. We hate to see our little Allie or any of the little ones have to go through a scary event like this.. Thank goodness it wasn't a long procedure and was over with quickly and she is doing so well.
love you Allie!
gma and gpa
Post a Comment