Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MOM vs MACHINE





















I've been so frustrated with my lack of exercise and lack of motivation for dieting. I've tried walking outside in the evenings after supper (when Rick is home to watch the girls) but the last time I ventured out I was scared by a weird driver in a truck and I haven't gone out since! I've been trying to convince Rick that a treadmill would solve at least one of my problems and he finally agreed. Adam and his friend brought it home and unloaded it, and I got it assembled last week.

So far in Mom vs Machine I'm afraid Machine is winning. I've managed to walk 2.5 miles, a little over 3 miles, almost 3 miles, and today a little over 4 miles. I'm thrilled with that BUT my feet are killing me. I've got bandaids on my big toes to keep them from rubbing a seam inside my shoes, a huge bandaid on one heel to cover the blister, and I've got the sorest left foot that hurts right on the ball of the foot with every step as I near the end of the workout. Do I need new shoes that fit better or do I need to break these shoes in? I guess time will tell.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of shoes are they? Are they new?

I don't think even new shoes should do that from a workout...I would say go and get a new pair. I love New Balance--they're very comfy! I'm sure there are more brands out there that are good, too.

Love you and that's awesome how much you've already walked! And I don't blame you for not wanting to walk alone with a creepy driver...eww!

Jboo said...

Cool treadmill -- but ouch -- sounds like it doesn't like your feet too much. Maybe some old shoes would do. Good luck!

Janet

Susan said...

Good luck! Hang in there.
Susan

mom said...

I think you must need new shoes, or your feet aren't in very good shape from "not wearing real shoes!" This is your mother writing now, you know? :-)
The machine looks and sounds great.. wish we still had one, although I can use the sun!
Knowing you, it will work for you!
love you...mom

Kristi said...

I would say new shoes that are better suited for your feet. No matter what shape your feet are in tennis shoes shouldn't be doing that...
Also - as far as the dieting part goes - I read an article recently that talks about the effects of exercise on your diet. The more you exercise the less cravings you have for sugery or unhealthy things. So this means the more you use your treadmill the better your diet should get!

Nel said...

Fantastic that you have a new treadmill! And I cannot believe how many miles you're already putting in! WOW!

Your old sister moves slow and is lucky to get a mile in after 40 minutes on the elliptical. Use a heart monitor so I know I'm working in a challenging yet safe zone. Still ...

Keep up the good work! I use boat shoes when I workout on the elliptical. :-) That way when I accidentally choke my water all over the place (can't drink and walk at the same time ya know), I manage to not fall down. ;-)