Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thank you New Shanghai Circus!































This year marked the 3rd Annual Chinese Children Reunion hosted by the New Shanghai Circus acrobat theater group in Branson. They've been wonderful to invite children adopted from China to attend their acrobat shows for free, and three years ago they expanded their support for our kids with this all-day event. This is the first year that we've been able to attend and the girls had a wonderful time.


The first several hours were spent playing children's games at the Hilton Convention Center in the Branson Landing. Our girls were a little slow to warm up (as usual!), but once Ashlie started jumping rope and Allie and Annie saw that there were prizes awarded for participation they all got more involved! There were hula hoops, balloon races, a Chinese version of hackysack, brush painting of the girls' Chinese names, handprint painting, coloring stations, and more. Outside there were trains to watch while we waited for Daddy to bring the van.


After the games, we drove over to the theater where we enjoyed a delicious Chinese lunch and then our girls were amazed by the acrobat show! You can see how worn out the girls were; they were all asleep before we got out of Branson. We really enjoyed the day, not only for the games, food, and a great show, but also for the opportunity to spend the day with so many families that look like ours!

6 comments:

Jboo said...

That looks like a fabulous time -- what fun!! We need to work on jump rope -- another thing to be learned that seems easy -- once you figure it out! Such cute girls! Have a fun weekend.

Janet

Sarah said...

I love the picture of the three of them from behind. So cute!

Sounds like you had a great time! What a neat event.

Blessings,
Sarah

Howard and Kim said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! I think we may mark our calendars for this next year. One year in advance, I'll ask you to remind me when the dates get closer. :o)

Kim

Unknown said...

What great pictures! I'm so glad you guys had a great time--and I love the sleeping pictures :)

We love you guys! And miss you a lot!

Kristi said...

I like how serious they look in several of the pics. Too funny. I can't wait to see you all this weekend!!!!

grandma and grandpa said...

What a special time you had on this day!! Love all of the pictures and you all look so pretty too! So glad you were able to go and spend time with the acrobats!
love you all!
gma (nena) and papa