Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fireflies!


Sweet, sweet summertime. I love all the different seasons and the sweet special moments that are unique to each one. One of our favorite things about summer in the Midwest is fireflies (aka lightning bugs!) The girls have been enjoying them outside their bedroom window for several weeks now, but last night was the first night that they got to stay outside late enough to catch some! We favor the "catch and release" program when it comes to fireflies, and the girls had so much fun chasing them and catching them! (& yes, Rick and I had even more fun watching the girls having fun) :-)

5 comments:

Kim said...

We love to catch fireflies around here too! ...and yes,catch and release is our prefered method too!
The joys of childhood are so much fun to watch...Happy Summer.
Kim(and the clan)

Martha said...

So much fun!

Cassidy was out last night watching the lightning bugs too. She liked to stand very still and let them land on her arm.

Isn't it great how God provides such wonderful entertainment?

Unknown said...

Aw, I remember catching lightning bugs when I was little :) It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I love you!

RamblingMother said...

I can't get G to even touch one. Maybe a jar would work better.

Mom to my China Posse said...

My girls have been asking to do this every night but for some reason we haven't had many yet. Maybe tonight will have better luck!
Hey, were still looking for a puppy. Have a few prospects. Will let you know.
Kathy