Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

Daddy and the girls, ready to get started!


Ashlie really loved playing!



Allie got a little hot and tired. Annie, you might have better luck if you look at the ball instead of Ricky!


Busy busy girls! Notice Annie heading back to the water trap - she thought of it more as a "goal" rather than a trap, . . .

Happy Father's Day Dad! Looks like you're enjoying the ice cream (& the company!)


Mmmmmm. We went all out to make our special banana splits and sundae's. Can't believe I forgot to bring the whipped cream that I bought specially for our party! Ummm, maybe we really didn't need more calories on top of that!


Whadda ya think - sugar rush?!?

I have been blessed with a wonderful father, and a wonderful husband and father to our seven children. Thank you, Lord, for these special men! We had a great weekend filled with family fun. We went to the double header baseball game Saturday night and enjoyed the fireworks afterward. (& the Springfield Cardinals won both games!) Ricky mowed the lawn for his Dad, and Sunday noon we headed over to Fun Acre miniature golf. We used to take the big kids there, and our three little ones had never been. Think throw-back to the sixties or seventies miniature golf. Definite nostalgic feel to the place, and it only cost us $7 for all of us to play! I was thinking that I could take the girls on a weekday for only $3!! Ashlie loved playing ~ she refused to skip any strokes to move the game along a little faster, . . . Allie got pretty tired and hot, but she seemed to have fun when she could just putt around on an empty hole. Annie was a live wire, LOL! I think everyone there knew her name by the time we were finished!

After late, long naps we headed over to Mom and Dad's to spend the evening. I'd promised the girls "Ice Cream for Supper" and they were pretty excited to share their treat with Grandpa for Father's Day!! We brought ice cream, bananas, chocolate, caramel, strawberries and sprinkles and our "supper" was sooo yummy! (even without the forgotten whipped cream)

Happy Father's Day to all of you Dads!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you guys had such a nice time! And look at those yummy sundaes...yum!! I love you!