We were looking for flowers, but found this interesting toad stool instead.
Any bets on which trail we took? Hint: Don't be misled by the "pooped out" photo at the bottom of the pics.
We took time to just stop and look up at how tall the trees are.
Ashlie wanted a picture of the "Tree Bending over the Road" path.
Pooped out!
Today we made our second Nature Center hike. Last week the girls made it 1 mile and had so much fun, we decided to head back again this week. Today we added an extra 1/3 mile loop. My goal was to truly tire them out before naps today, and I think it worked. I'll let you enjoy the pics, plus I'll tell you a funny that Ashlie said before we went today.
As I was putting some insect repellent on the girls (our girls react horribly to mosquito bites), I was explaining to them that mosquitos really like them but cause them big problems. Ashlie asked if mosquitos liked me too. I told her that I may get a few bites occasionally, but they don't get so swollen and red, etc. She thought for a moment and said, "I bet I know why the mosquitos don't like you mom. Your skin is really old, it's not fresh like ours, right?" Uhhhh, maybe. Thanks hon.
5 comments:
Rolling on the floor laughing here! Looks like a fun day, even for old skin... :)
Kim
LOL. Out of the mouths of babes. I love it.
Ha!!! Lol! That is funny :) I love you guys.
LOL..I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has old skin...lol..TOO CUTE!!!!
Okay...if you ask me...on the pooped out picture..Ashlie and Allie looked pooped but Lil Miss Annie looked like she could have gone a couple more rounds.
Thanks Ashlie for giving me a good laugh before bed! You and your sisters are SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!
Kimi
Hee hee! I'm cracking up! I was just considering which is preferable, old skin or lots of mosquito bites.
Looks like a great day!
Post a Comment